10 Tips for Living More Sustainably
At Just Enough, living sustainably is all about progress, not perfection. It’s about being conscious about how our everyday choices at home, at work, and everywhere in between impact the environment. True change comes by taking both individual and collective actions, and as a team, we have committed to following these 10 tips to live our lives more sustainably and we hope you join us!
- Use a reusable water bottle and coffee mug - most coffee shops will even fill your reusable personal mug instead of using a disposable cup
- Switch to washing your clothes in cold water instead of hot, according to the Cleaning Institute ~90% of the energy used by the washing machine during laundry goes towards heating the water.
- Cut down on meat and seafood consumption in your diet by adopting plant-based alternatives. We recommend trying plant-based tuna spread from JINKA
- Meal prep ahead of time to organize your grocery list before you go shopping, this will help ensure you only buy the things you need (and will save you money)
- Donate your old clothes and home goods instead of throwing them out. Also, consider buying used items from your local thrift stores.
- Turn off the lights and open your blinds for more natural light. With Spring and Summer upon us, now is the perfect time to save energy and enjoy the sunshine.
- Decrease single use plastic in your home and replace your plastic bags with reusable Stasher bags
- Unsubscribe from paper mailing lists and enroll in online bill pay to decrease physical mail
- Carry a reusable straw - we love these ones from Final.
- Drink more Canned Wine! Did you know that traditional glass wine bottles represent 33% of a winery’s carbon footprint? Help the planet and get your Just Enough wines today!